Monday, May 13, 2013

Faithful and True

God is Faithful and True.  "And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and wages war."  Revelation 19:11
Once again last evening, as I lay in bed on verge of going to sleep, I was bombarded with thoughts regarding our country and where it is headed.  The FCC considering lowering nudity standards on TV; you know, there is a reason they have to call it lowering.  State after state legalizing marijuana in order to lower crime statistics; just as it would lower if we legalized rape and murder or anything else currently illegal.  The Kermit Gosnell murder/abortion trial.  The children that were murdered in a house fire, etc.  It was as I was actually drifting into that virtually asleep, but easily awoken mode that these and more thoughts exploded.  It would have been nice if I startled awake, but as you know, it doesn't work that way.  Instead, I started drifting deeper in to nightmare mode.  As visions popped into my head, I tried to change them, as I often can, but this night was different.  I began praying in my sleep, so to speak, but still they continued.  I finally forced myself to speak the words, "I refuse to dream these dreams and to think these thoughts!  Father, I ask Your help, in Jesus' name."  I then fell peacefully to sleep.
The world is spiraling downward, just as He promised it would.  I wish more people understood what is happening.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."  Matthew 24:37
So what was it like in the days of Noah?  "The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time." Genesis 6:5
The time is drawing nearer whether we want to believe it or not.  Thinking that He hasn't come yet and so will put it off longer doesn't work either.  I do not know when that time will be and neither does any other human being.
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."  Matthew 24:36
But I do know that He has a very good reason for not coming sooner: The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.  II Peter 3:9
I also know that I am to be prepared, whether it comes today or a thousand years from now.  I am to desire that day and watch for it.  "And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed"  Romans 13:11
By watch I mean that I need to be alert and notice the signs of us drawing closer to that day.  Christmas seems a long way off, yet I know that each day draws me a little closer to it and I need to be prepared.  Nothing will stop it from coming, no matter how hard someone may try.  It is the same with Jesus' coming again to take His children home.  The day is growing closer and no one can prevent it. We need to look up, praise God for who He is and what He is doing to prepare the world for His return and be grateful for the opportunity to be part of it all!!
It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"  Romans 14:11

No comments:

Post a Comment