Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Leaving Legacies

I spoke with one of my sisters yesterday.  I told her my heart's vision of making FlorAl bears and writing a story to go with them to place in Good Samaritan Shoe boxes at Christmas time.  Flor for my mother, Florence and Al for my dad, Albert. 
While my parents were far from perfect (they argued on a near daily basis) they loved their God and their children desperately, and there were five children.  They had hearts for more.  Whenever a child from another family would visit, they knew they would be loved and told about God.  Because of this, many of them grew up calling them "mom or aunt" and "dad or uncle," whether they were physically related or not.  This is the legacy left for me (and all their children) - love God and His children so much that you want and NEED to do something of lasting value for their benefit.
When I finished telling my sister about the bears, she wept, which of course brought me to tears, and said I didn't need her permission to obey God and that she is proud of me for being obedient to His call.  I had asked because I intend to use the quilt blankets that had been Momma and Daddy's to make the stuffed bears.  I had originally said that I could make them into bears for family members as a memorial to or parents, but could never get the gumption to get started.  Now I look forward to getting to work on this legacy memorial that can stretch across the world and minister to those I cannot physically reach any other way!  Now I just need to sit down and start writing the story God lays on my heart and find just the right pattern for the bears and little flowers to place on their bottoms.  I will also speak with my other siblings to explain what is going on and then the entire clan will get to participate in the joy of ministering to the hurts and loneliness of children across the globe!!  How exciting!!  I feel the need to get others, or at least another, involved in the work, so I pray:
Father God, if this be true, who?  Reveal Your heart to them as well as to me and bring us together as one on this and I thank You for it.  Until that day, keep me patient for Your revealing.
Today You had me read how Jonah's proclamation to Nineveh was actually Your proclamation for all mankind, who has chosen to make themselves Your enemy.  "Repent and live!"  You didn't stop there, though.  You sent the means for us to not only repent, but to be made clean so we could remain Your friends forever!  You gave us Your Son to die in our place, so that WHEN we repent, we receive complete cleansing through His blood, death and resurrection.  To love Your enemies that much is simply amazing!! 
Then You had me read, "Live as if Christ was crucified yesterday, rose from the dead today and is coming tomorrow," and "Don't just leave an inheritance, leave a legacy," a gentle reminder that what You have placed in my heart and mind I am to do!!  So be it, Lord!  Today I begin!  Show me the story and pattern, in Jesus' name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment