Saturday, December 5, 2015

Just Thinking

I woke in the wee hours this morning and could not go back to sleep.  So I read a couple of chapters of Sheila Walsh's book Get off Your Knees and Pray.  This is a great book on not pretending in prayer, or being real with yourself as well as with God.  One thing God spoke to my heart while praying afterward was this: We desperately NEED God, but He desperately WANTS us!!  When I think about how treacherous we are - I am - it am aghast at the thought!  Why?  Simply put in a manner I can only begin to understand, God IS love and has chosen to focus Himself on us, because we were made in His image, which means we were created to love as well. 
This makes I Corinthians 13 come even more alive, especially in verse two where it says, "...if I have all faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."  And again in verse thirteen, "...now abideth faith, hope, love, but the greatest of these is love."  (NKJV)  Why? Because like all precious gifts, faith and hope come FROM God, but love is what God IS!!  The more love we allow to flow through us, the more of Him we are allowing to freely flow..  Now THAT is amazing grace!!  To have God desire to flow through such a wretched vessel as I....amazing, wonderful and a reason, no, THE reason to live.
After all this I tried in vain to go to sleep.  I dozed in and out, but finally got up at 5:48 (I looked at the clock).  I discovered God had more to share with me!  What an exciting morning!!  I opened Mark Batterson and Dick Foth's book A Trip Around The Sun to read the following:
When Scripture says, "As a man thinks, so is he," it is raw truth.  How we approach life and react to its vagaries determines the bulk of our character.  How we love is locked into how we think about it.  What angers us is triggered by how we think.  It is between our ears that we decide how easily offended we will be...I don't have to be braid-dead to be brain-defeated. (And then)...the real question is obvious: What am I thinking?
Enough said.  Lord, remind me all throughout every day, in every situation to think about love, dwell in love, react in love.  Life is only worth living when lived with You and You indeed are love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment