Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Butterfly Effect

The Butterfly Effect - the theory that if a butterfly flaps its wings in Brazil, it could conceivably alter wind currents sufficiently to cause a tornado in Texas.

Several years ago my parents house burned down.  It seemed so catastrophic at the time, but insurance covered the cost of rebuild and soon all was pretty well forgotten.  What I never realized until this day, this VERY day, was that there was much more to this event than I could have ever dreamed.  If the house hadn't burned, my parent's church family would never have given them homemade quilts to keep warm.  If they hadn't been given the quilts, I would never have come to have possession of them.  If I hadn't been given possession, the idea of FlorAl animals for needy children may never have been a thought.  If I had never had the thought, I would never have acted, in which case I would have never made that first cut into the material. The Butterfly Effect.
This morning I began the journey that began in my heart several years ago, but had never seen a way into fruition.  I began cutting out a pattern for a lamb.  I looked at the first quilt and wondered just how many animals I could get out of it.  Should I take the batting out and use just fabric or leave them quilted?  I had just decided that it would be faster if I left them quilted when I made a strange, yet wonderful discovery.  The folks that had made these quilts didn't use batting!  They used fabric layers!  Each time I cut out an animal I would be cutting out four!!  God took a simple act of faith in cutting out the animals and multiplied it by four!!  I was and am still stunned at the thought.  What a blessing God has brought about by a single tragic event.  Imagine, four times more children will be reached than I thought possible!!  God is MORE than amazing!!
Two weeks before Daddy passed away, he prayed a simple prayer asking God to increase his borders of reaching people for Christ.  It seemed to many that God said no.  Boy, were they wrong!!  Daddy's legacy of reaching others with the Gospel is just beginning!  I will pray over every animal and am convinced that God will use each one to bring glory and honor to His name!!  
Yes, I have four times the work, but isn't that what we were created to do?  Sewing these animals is one of my little corners in the garden of service to my Maker and Master. 
Thank You, Lord, for trusting me with it!  Give me the strength, time and determination to never give up, for giving up is the definition of failure.  I love You, Lord!!


No comments:

Post a Comment