Saturday, July 13, 2013

Morning Blahs

This morning I woke with that "Ugh!" feeling.  The thought of exercise, study, cleaning, shopping, virtually anything other than sitting or lying down made my stomach turn.  So I got out of bed, got dressed and went and walked a mile, came in and did my quiet time while eating breakfast and then went back to bed and slept almost an hour.  Do I feel better, physically not much, but knowing I made myself get up and go makes me happy, because I know I didn't give in and stop.
There are many things in life that make us want to give up and quit.  Losing a loved one, illness/disease, disappointments, etc., but giving in to them is becoming a loser.  Victors always keep going.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 3:14
This is not to say we shouldn't take care of our physical bodies.  If we need rest, we should rest.  If we need medicine, we should take it.  However, simply feeling that "Ugh!" feeling is no excuse for stopping. 
Last evening we started to replant green beans.  I was swarmed by mosquitoes.  I wanted to quit then, for certain.  I had at least 5 or 6 landing on me at any given moment and I was swatting left and right to no avail.  If I killed one, two more appeared.  The temptation to wait until morning when they are not so prevalent was great.  Instead, I went inside, put on some Cutter's repellant and went back to work.  This morning I am extremely glad I didn't give in.  The amazing thing about this is, I didn't get bitten by even one of them.  I thought about the ten plagues and told my husband that God had protected me.  He just said, "yup," but he is better about believing without seeing than I.
 There are so many ways that I am still that little child.  I still throw temper tantrums, you just can't see them.  I know God tells us, "Come now, let's settle this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool."  Isaiah 1:18, but with me He sometimes needs to use a little stronger hand to remind me that I am His and need to act like it.  Today He had to be firm and practically shove me out the bed.  The results of listening, even though froth with complaint where marvelous.
While walking I was able to thank God for getting me up and going, for keeping me going with the green beans, for giving me such a beautiful day for walking when I felt so blah inside, and for loving me even though I scream inwardly that I don't want to cooperate.  He is so marvelous, patient, understanding and loving - I am to imitate Him.
Lord, I apologize for being so belligerent at times.  This morning is a case in point.  Please forgive me.  I thank You for loving me through each and every time this happens. You know my heart and that I don't want to be this way, so I ask that You continue to discipline me in love, which reminds me that You love those You chastise.  Thanks for loving me so abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment