Sunday, August 19, 2012

Highly Favored

...."Every sky has rain.  Every journey has a hard road.  You have begun well, given much.  The eye of Olfadr (author's made up name for God) sees all.  You can pass your mantle to another of his choosing or you can accept that trouble will follow all who are so favored.  I ask again, will you finish your course?"  (The Song of Unmaking)

Choices.  We are constantly making them.  We wake in the morning and decide to get out of bed or remain there.  What or if to eat breakfast, what to wear, and so on.  The list of decisions is endless, yet we make them without thought until we come to one of which we are unfamiliar.  Should my first car be new or used  If used, how old?  Should I rent or purchase a home, or build?  Are we ready to become parents?  Should we move our parents in with us or do they need twenty four hour care?  The decisions get harder the older we become and each time God asks the question, "Will you continue the journey or give up and quit fighting?"  He will allow us to turn our mantle, or journey, over to someone else, but we forfeit the blessings He has in store for us if we continue the fight.

"Know this....Your time is not finished, nor is your call.  When you slander yourself in your thoughts, it grieves my Master, for you stand high in favor...Yet have done with pity and small-mindedness......do not return.  Hear me.....'This is your life, but you must want it.'"  (The Song of Unmaking)

God has placed His calling, the life He has planned for us, inside us.  However, He gives us the choice of fulfilling that call or not.  We have to truly want it.  We should consider ourselves extremely blessed to be given this call in the first place.  It means He has placed much faith and trust in us to fulfill it.  How honored we feel when another simple human being gives us responsibility and tells us we did well when we accomplish the task.  How much more wonderful to hear the voice of our Creator, Father God Himself, say to us, "Well done my good and faithful servant!"

Today Michael asked if I would ever stop teaching Sunday School.  I replied that if God led me to do so, then yes.  He then asked, "What if one day you wake up on Sunday morning and think, 'I really don't want to do this today?'"  I simply smiled.  Why?  Because that has happened many times over.  Some times I feel ill-prepared, sometimes I feel exhausted, sometimes I don't like the material or have become bored with it, etc.  However, unless it is unavoidable, I will not miss.  Why?  Because God has entrusted these small children into my care.  He trusts me to teach them to the very best of the ability He has given me.  Not only that, but I know from experience that He will bless me way over and above anything I would ever receive from staying home.  So I keep going.  Will I ever stop.  Quite possibly.  I have felt a tug in my spirit recently that I may be moving on soon.  Soon is relative.  It could be a year from now or twenty years from now, but to God it is always soon.  My sweet husband then said, "It's a lot harder than it looks.  It could be easy, but then it would be boring."  As I have said before, he helps me along every step of the way, so he knows and has experienced the difficulties that come with the task when done correctly. 

God could look at me and decide that I was incapable of handling any task He could give me.  So I would sit back watching all my brothers and sisters in Christ working, become jealous of their abilities, become resentful of their callings and wonder why they are so favored.  Meanwhile, these same brothers and sisters may be looking at me and wondering why I get off so easily.
The grass is always greener, isn't it?

So, let us accept the calling, embrace our lives and rejoice in being so highly favored of God among men!! 

Thank You, Father, for Your love, Your grace and for entrusting this precious life to me.  I do not deserve such trust, but with Your grace and blessing, I will put my best foot forward to accomplish the goals You have established for me.
I love You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment