Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Child's Gift of Restoration

How often I have learned something either new or on a different level and am immediately tested in it!  Yesterday I wrote in an email on the battle being the Lord's and that we wrestle against unseen forces rather than flesh and blood.  Yesterday afternoon I was presented with the opportunity to become hurt and angry.  I admit it was a real battle for a time.  My initial reaction was anger, which turned my thoughts to what I had learned and in turn -  to battle.  I prayed, frustrated with myself for almost giving in to temptation.  The battle was almost over when I was attacked again.  I wanted to yell at the enemy, but realized nothing would give him more fun.  Instead I turned again to Father God.  This time I asked His blessing on those who were setting out to hurt others in order to try and build their own feelings of superiority.  (I wasn't sincere at this point, but wanted to be, so I said it asking for help at the same time.)  In time I became aware that they are hurting as much and more than I in that they have little understanding of their worth to the Father, or they would not feel the need to bring others down.  Slowly, but surely, I began to feel sympathy for them as God reminded me of a time when I was in the same boat.  I would do and say things to show my intellect, because I was so insecure in who I was in Christ.  My heart began to hurt for them and I was able to truly pray for them last evening.  Today I am exhausted and feel as if I could sleep for a few more hours.  I think spiritual warfare tires me more than anything else.  I have three little ones to minister to today though and God has given me strength to do it.  We have laughed and learned about shape distortion and how seals eat and preschool has yet to begin!!  Nap time will come and I will rest then.  Praise God for the joyful hearts of children!  Nothing can lift my joy to the surface easier than they!

No comments:

Post a Comment